Conserving Cheltenham’s building heritage in sustainable ways. A 1/2 day Workshop Sun7th Sept. New Club, Montpellier Parade GL50 1UD -2pm to 5pm – solutions galore. This is a community training workshop run by www.cse.org.uk , using resources developed with English Heritage.
Are you interested in conserving Cheltenham’s building heritage in sustainable ways?
Could you help to encourage owners of traditional buildings to make improvements that save energy but preserve the character of the building?
The training will cover:
– How to approach the retrofit of an historic building in a way that is sympathetic to heritage conservation
– What is an historic building and what is the heritage value?
– Why energy efficiency can be a threat to traditional buildings and heritage.
– Methods of improving the energy efficiency using an approach that is sympathetic to function, design and heritage of a traditional building.
– Sources of further help and information, including setting up a community energy project.
The training is part of a project funded by the Summerfield Trust and Cheltenham Community Pride and run by Cheltenham Green Doors, in partnership with Vision 21 and CSE (Community Sustainable Energy).
Participation is free, but booking is essential as places are limited.
To book please contact Alison Crane firstname.lastname@example.org 01242 577671 by 3rdSeptember